OklahombreS Online!    oklahombres.org    oklahombres.org  Hop To Forum Categories  General Oklahombres  Hop To Forums  Oklahombres "Connections"    Searching "The Oklahoman" on line
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Searching "The Oklahoman" on line
 Login/Join

posted
I'm sure a lot of you already knows this, but thought I would toss it out here anyway. Not really sure this is the place.

I belong to the OKC metropolitan library system. Did you know that by using your library card and getting into the library data system, that you can search the archived newspapers of "The Oklahoman" back to 1900.

I have been going to the OHS library to do this on their computers, but now I can do it at home; will save valuable time at the library.

Posts: 130 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: Mon September 04 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that info. I hope to use it.

Meanwhile, and I'm not sure this belongs here, but I am searching for information about a group of women who gathered in Guthrie I believe to sew the 46th star on the American flag at statehood. I plan to call the Guthrie library tomorrow, but thought someone might know a website.

Thanks for any help.

Posts: 16 | Registered: Fri August 11 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you have a web address for the OKC metropolitan library system? I live in Mississippi, and would like to see if these archives are accessible via some kind of subscription service. (I doubt they'd issue a library card to me way down here.)

My great-grandfather was Glen Leroy Wright, and I'm sure something would turn up on him in there.

**Mike Roberts, Great grandson of Glen Leroy Wright, "It was a cop's duty to bust a cap at me. It was their sworn duty to knock me down, and my own duty to try to get up again."

Posts: 12 | Location: Brandon, MS, USA | Registered: Wed December 17 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post