OklahombreS Online!    oklahombres.org    oklahombres.org  Hop To Forum Categories  General Oklahombres  Hop To Forums  Oklahombres "Connections"    I am related to Joe LeFors-But want to know more
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I am related to Joe LeFors-But want to know more
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,
I am new here. My family has told me that we are related to Joe LeFors but I have not been given much information other than that. Now that I am a certain age and most of my family is gone, I want to know more about the Joe LeFors blood line.

All I know is my grandfather Lefors, nicknamed pinky (don't know his real first name) left his family, a wife and sons. He later remarried my grandmother in Cordelaine idaho, then moved to Portland Oregon and had 5 more children (4 girls and a boy).

This is a long shot of course. Does anyone know about my grandfather, Pinky LeFors born 1895 and/or how he is related to Joe LeFors?

Posts: 1 | Registered: Fri August 22 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jenny, There is a lot of family information on the family of Joe LeFors in the book "Facts As I Remember Them" The Autobiography of Rufe LeFors, edited by John Allen Peterson. Rufe was an older brother of Joe (Joseph Shelby LeFors). Rufe and Joe were children of James J. LeFors and Mahala West. James and Mahala had five children born in Dade County Missouri; Alzada, Dollie, Perry, William, and Newton. They had eight children born in Arkansas near Jenny Lind; Sam, Katie, Ike, Rufe, born 08/25/1859, Joe,Jeff, Ida, and Bob. The oldest son, Perry, was one of the first settlers in the Texas panhandle after the plains Indians were forced out of the area. The town of LeFors, Texas in Gray county was named after Perry. The airport in Pampa, TX, is also named after Perry. In 1874 the father James, Newton, Sam, Rufe, Joe, Jeff, Bob, Ida, Katie and husband John Steele, and their children Arthur and Albert, relocated their livestock and their selves to the panhandle of Texas with Perry. If your grandfather was born in 1895 he probably was a great-grandchild of James and Mahala. The autobiography of Rufe mentions many LeFors, but no Pinky.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jim Avance,

Posts: 37 | Location: Lawton, Oklahoma | Registered: Sat February 12 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jenny

I have done quite a bit of genealogy digging on the Lefors clan as they are mixed in genetically with the outlaw Perry "Kinch" West's family. If you will email me directly or post your lineage info I will be happy to dig a little deeper and try to help you establish a connection. Feel free to email me diretly at:
dironahlquist@yahoo.com

On the Trail
Diron Ahlquist
Secretary, Oklahombres Inc.

Posts: 376 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: Wed December 10 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jenny, we're related. When I get home, will email you. There is a family site for the Lefors/LeForces/LaForces.

Martha

Posts: 169 | Location: Texas | Registered: Mon October 18 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Greetings everybody. Smile My name's Dawn LeForce & I'm from Tulsa. When I was a child we moved away from home so I didn't get to know my family or Oklahoma. I didn't come back 'til I was an adult. A few years ago an aunt (LeForce) gave me a book full of info. A couple of years ago my little brother decided he wanted a copy of it. Instead of making him one I slapped the book online for any La Force, LeForce or Lefors to get a copy of. This "simple" process ended up becoming 4 trees, 2 message boards & 1 memorial site.

Most of us come from Dr. Renald Rene La Force I of Manakintown Virginia (a French Huguenot society). We've heard Renald was born @ Castelnaud in Guyenne France which was a Caumont property. This makes him a de Caumont de la Force...many of whom used to be Dukes & also Marshals & Pars of France.

We've got the genealogy on the Caumonts & the La Force's but only the nobles...those in line for lands/castles/titles. We know about the lands & castles of Caumont, Castelnaud, La Force & also Les Milandes. We need the genealogy on everybody so we can figure out who Renald's parents were.

We're not sure if Renald went some place else before coming to America. We're also not sure if he landed some place else before going to Virginia. We also don't know his wife Sarah's maiden name much less anything else about her. But they were there...had 4 kids (one son)...& wrote wills leaving them everything. Their only son was Renald Rene La Force II. We went up to Renald Rene La Force V before finally dropping that name.

Some of Renald V's children switched La Force to LeForce & LeFors. I've heard LeFors' have had to switch it from a capital F to a lower case f for the town of Lefors TX.

My great great Grandpa was John Bradley LeForce. He brought his wife & children to basically Craig County (Centralia, Vinita) OK for cattle ranching. I believe he had 4 sons...3 married & they all married partial Cherokee Indian women (Chamberlain & Keys). 2 of them married sisters (Keys). You can find articles around OK on most if not all of these people. I've also got pics of most of these people & their headstones.

Because our LeForce's married our partial Cherokee Indian women we're also related to Moytoy, Emperor of the Cherokees. We're related to countless chiefs, Sequoyah, Nancy Ward...basically every famous Cherokee ever known. Some of our people were in OK before the Trail of Tears. Some went there on the Trail of Tears. Our people helped start Ft. Gibson, Tahlequah & much of Craig County. We've been everything...cowboys & Indians & cops & robbers. So again...you can find articles on most if not all of these people.

I'm almost positive all LeForce's & Lefors' come from Renald Rene La Force I. But I'm not positive all La Force's are related. There's some in NY & Canada plus the Caribbeans...at least. There's more then one village named La Force in France. We think we come from the Caumont de La Force's because Renald Rene I was born @ Castelnaud in Guyenne France which was a Caumont property.

Thanks to one of my forums I met a bunch of La Force/LeForce/Lefors' & we've all since moved to Geni. If you understand Facebook or MySpace then you'll understand Geni cuz it's the same thing except it's for families.

I kept the old tree here: http://leforce.tribalpages.com because people can search it. If you find your grandparent or great grandparent & such then I just need the info from them to you. I'll add enough info to get you in our tree @ Geni. Then I need your email address because I can invite you to edit your own profile & add to our info.

Once you're added please check out the tree before adding people yourself. Chances are good the person's already in there & if you add them again it'll create a duplicate profile. You should be able to edit any profiles there & if you can't then contact the person managing the profile & join their family group...then you should be able to edit.

If somebody's not there then please do add away. If they have an email address they can be invited to edit their own profile & add to the tree too. The profiles are just like personal/about me profiles anywhere...except here only family & friends can see them. But the only people on my friend's list are family I haven't figured out how to get in the tree yet. We can comment each other's profiles. Once somebody passes on & are marked deceased their personal profile becomes a memorial page where instead of leaving messages we share memories.

On top of the tree & the boxes which represent profiles or memorial pages within we have unlimited pic & video sharing, events, news, our own discussion forum, links, etc. If they add a place for biographies rather then lil about me sections & journals for stories w/ pics it'd be perfect. But it's still a very good free place for family to communicate & work on our tree together.

Also please check out:

http://thelaforces.wordpress.com
http://theleforces.wordpress.com

Posts: 1 | Location: Pflugerville, TX | Registered: Sat April 04 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They had eight children born in Arkansas near Jenny Lind; Sam, Katie, Ike, Rufe, born 08/25/1859, Joe,Jeff, Ida, and Bob. The oldest son, Perry, was one of the first settlers in the Texas panhandle after the plains Indians were forced out of the area. The town of LeFors, Texas in Gray county was named after Perry. The airport in Pampa, TX, is also named after Perry. In 1874 the father James, Newton, Sam, Rufe, Joe, Jeff, Bob, Ida, Katie and husband John Steele, and their children Arthur and Albert, relocated their livestock and their selves to the panhandle of Texas with Perry.

BORROWS

Posts: 1 | Registered: Mon May 31 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post