OklahombreS Online!    oklahombres.org    oklahombres.org  Hop To Forum Categories  General Oklahombres  Hop To Forums  Oklahombres "Connections"    Mistery murder in Ardmore Ok.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mistery murder in Ardmore Ok.
 Login/Join

posted
My father's father was robbed and killed inside his burning car on Oswalt rd. some time in the 1940's I believe. I would like to find out more information on this. Can anyone help me with this research.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Tue December 11 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
His name was Oscar Mapp. My mother has the newspaper clipping on the write-up on this, but we can't find it at the moment. My dad told me before he died back in 1998, that his Dad, Oscar was waiting for him and his mother to return back from town with a tire to put on his vehicle and found Oscar Mapp burned inside of it. It was believed he was robbed and then beaten and put inside then burned to death. I would like to research this more. Does anyone have any information on this. Please contact me. Thanks

Posts: 2 | Registered: Tue December 11 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't know where you are located, but would suggest you make a trip to the Oklahoma HIstory Center in OKC and read the Marietta Monitor and The Daily Ardmoreite newspapers for that time frame. The Marietta Monitor is out of Love County and the Ardmoreite is out of Carter County. Both are very good about reporting such crimes as I have researched in both.

If you are not in Oklahoma, the perhaps you could contact the Oklahoma History Center (they have a website) and see if they would research it for you. If I remember correctly, there is a small fee involved in the search. But since you have the dates (would help if you have the month along with the year) it should be fairly easy to find.

Posts: 130 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: Mon September 04 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<MKoch>
posted
Hi,

The first person asking about this incident stated in happended on Oswalt Road, which is West of Ardmore, Oklahoma. Use highway 70, then turn left on highway 76 going south until you reach Osawlt Road a few miles. It may be listed as county road E2060RD. The old Oswalt cemetery is just off this road too.

Mike

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That was really a very sad incident..
You can find out more by searching it the newspaper on the specific date.. Mite you will got the whole story...

STEVE

Posts: 1 | Registered: Thu April 15 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oscar Mapp Death: 7 January 1946 ‎(Age 43)‎ and buried on 9 January, 1946.
These dates should help in your search.

Posts: 84 | Location: Justiceburg Station, TX | Registered: Thu March 27 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post